Zeroing in on your number one area of focus:
Write out: 2 things that could be better and 2 things that are awesome in each of these six areas:
- Relationship with others
- Relationship with yourself
To give you an example of how you can write this out:
The two things that could be better about my career/employment are:
The two things that are awesome about my career/employment are:
Continue this step for all six areas
2. Next, on a blank piece of paper, re-write all the things that could be better (so you can see the whole list in an organized way.) You should have twelve “things that could be better items” on your list.
3. Circle the top three areas that are causing you the most pain. Your “top three” areas are usually the areas you have procrastinated on.
4. Of those three areas, put a star by the one area that if you poured some extra focus and attention on bringing that area up, you would start to see some positive shifts in the other two areas you’ve circled.
5. Write down the two action steps you are going to do today to improve the one area you put a star by.
***Each day, for the next seven days, start you day by writing down the two action steps you are going to take on that same day to make a positive impact in that one area of focus.***
Is time in you day escaping you? Would you like to be more productive at accomplishing your goals? If you said "yes"...
Check out this additional exercise I have for you: The 11-Minute Exercise. This will help you identify the task you want to get off you plate so you have more time to enjoy the things you love